Computta Smart Miner mining on a home PC
1 mBTC free to start
Computta’s official website is filled with people who claim to be generating hundreds of dollars per month without sacrificing their computers. One gamer claims he’s making $230 per month even while he games on his two gaming PCs. That testimonial could be fake, as the image attached to the testimonial is a stock image from an unaffiliated website.
Ultimately, Computta doesn’t appear to be worth your time or effort. It’s a mining software that takes 25% of your earnings without providing a great level of service: you still have to maintain the equipment yourself, and you still need to pay for electricity. Computta claims the average user makes about $20 per month from their service. Is that even enough to cover your computer’s electricity usage?
It’s also unclear how the withdrawal process works, how users get paid, and how you can access your money.
Based on all of this information, you may want to wait for more information about Computta to appear online before you download the software.
WHAT IS MBTC?
Your Computta balance is calculated and stored in Bitcoin (BTC) – the most popular and valuable cryptocurrreency in the world. Bitcoin = BTC.
Now you see mBTC in your Computta Smart Miner app’s main screen and in your Computta website account.
mBTC stands for “MilliBitcoin” and is 1/1000th of a Bitcoin. 1mBTC = 0.001BTC
We show your balance in mBTC simply for convenience so your earnings are better represented, since BTC is now quite expensive – balancing around $16000 as of mid-Deember 2017. So for your own convenience you may consider 1mBTC = $19 (as of mid-December 2017).
Our minimum withdrawal limit is only 10mBTC and that equals to 0.01BTC.
After you register as Computta member, download and install Computta Smart miner app and generate enough money, it is very easy to withdraw your earnings at any time.
Remember, your earnings are generated, converted and stored in Bitcoin – THE most popular and reliable cryptocurrency in the world. Since Bitcoin is pretty valuable now (as of August 2017 the exchange rate is approx 1BTC = US$19.500) we calculate and show all your earnings in Milli Bitcoin (mBTC) which is 1/1000 of a Bitcoin. So for your convenience you can consider 1 mBTC = 19.5USD (as of December 2017).
We also have a minimum required amount for withdrawal of only 10mBTC (can be changed at any time and will be updated here). So when your earnings reach this amount, you will be able to request a withdrawal from your Member Account -> Payments section. Until you reach the above minimum, your payments button is not activated.
First off, you need to provide your Bitcoin address, where we can send your earned Bitcoins.
Here are the steps to get it and provide to us (in case you don’t have it already):
- Go to Blockchain.Info and register for a free Bitcoin wallet (or google “free bitcoin wallet” )
- You will get an email with your Bitcoin wallet id, save it for future use
- Login into Blockchain.info with your Wallet ID and password
– go to Settings -> Addresses
– Click Manage -> +Add New Address
– then you will get a Bitcoin address that looks like this:
- into your Computta.com Members Account
- Click on Profile => Payments Settings
- Enter your bitcoin address from Step 3 above and click Save. Make sure you enter all of it!!!
(But don’t worry, even if you make a mistake it will not validate properly and the money can NOT be sent out to a wrong address)
Here are the steps to withdraw your earnings:
- Login into your Computta.com Members Account
- Click on Payments in the navigation and click on the green ‘Pay Me’ button
- Enter your desired amount and click ‘Send’
- We will then send you an email asking to confirm your Bitcoin address. You will need to reply to that email confirming it and that you indeed request a payment.
- We will then send you the requested funds within 24-48 hours.
That’s all! After you go thru it once, it will be a 30 sec process to request your earnings next time.
- Click the “CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SMART MINER” link. I was pleasantly surprised that they’ve gone to the effort to ensure my antivirus didn’t flag the program. I had a lot of trouble with Nicehash and Avira. The issue is that some malware installs miners on your PC to mine cryptocurrencies for other people with your electricity and hardware. Hence why mining programs can set off your anti-virus. If it does get flagged, your best bet is to make the install folder (C:\Program Files\Computta) an exception in your anti-virus software before installing.
- You’ll be downloading “Computta_windows-x64.exe” at a reasonable 65.6MB.
- I had to install to the default directory as clicking “Browse” made the installer crash.
- Keep clicking “Next” and wait for it to finish installing. Once it has finished, ensure you select:
“[x] Run Computta” and click “Finish”
- Now here’s the benchmark section. Before clicking “Start Benchmark”ensure that your PC isn’t running programs or games in the background. Your PC may become very slow during the benchmark as it stresses your system to 100% to see what its capabilities are.
- Once finished you’ll then have to enter your account details that you used to make your account earlier.
- … AND THAT’S IT, you’re ready to start mining. Click “Start earning > >” to begin. Also, remember that the following benchmark is calculated in USD.
When you’ve installed and set up Computta, you’ll see the following mining screen:
The settings are fairly straight forward, but my recommendation is to select “Smart” and then go into “Advanced settings”. Here you’ll see how you can edit when your PC will start mining and how intensely it will run.
Set your away time in minutes first. 1 min of no use will maximise your earnings while ensuring your PC runs smoothly when you’re using it.
The next two sliders represent how you will mine when you’re using your computer. The last two sliders determine how intensely the PC runs when left alone.
If running this on a family members PC, I definitely recommend:
- 5 minutes away time
- 0% CPU and GPU usage on the first two sliders.
- 50% CPU and 100% GPU in the second sliders.
This way you won’t get angry text from them asking why their PC doesn’t run well anymore.
- 1 minute away time
- 0% CPU and 100% GPU on the first sliders.
- 50% CPU and 100% GPU on the second sliders.
For my PC, I’m running a Plex server so I still require around half my CPU power to send movies to my lounge room and phone, but you may want it to run 100% on your CPU for more profit. I definitely recommend setting your GPU to 100% as this will be your biggest earner!!! You’ll note that I’m running my GPU 100% ALL THE TIME. This is on purpose as my PC is still very responsive on the desktop when the cards are in full use. When I want to play games, I just click the “Off” button on the main screen, game away, then return it to the “Smart” setting after. This ensures that while I’m just web browsing (or writing this very Steemit story) I’m not stopping my PC from earning me money.
- Note: Please use a program like MSI Afterburner to check your CPU and GPU temperatures to ensure your PC won’t overheat during mining. You may need to turn your fans up, or only run at 90% or less if you’re hitting 80deg or higher. This is especially important for laptops as they generally have less efficient cooling capabilities.
How Much Will I Earn?
I wish I could give you a simple answer to this question. The easiest way to know is to simply run the benchmark and see. The reason it’s complicated is that it depends on a number of factors:
• Your hardware’s capabilities
• How long you’ll be mining for (each day)
• The price of the currency you’re mining
• The price of Bitcoin (BTC) in comparison to USD
• The price of USD to your home currency
• A percentage of how much your referrals have mined
This is why your benchmarks may vary wildly should you attempt to run them again another day. Also there’s the added bonuses that come with referring others to sign up using your referral link (https://computta.com/?ref=128960)
So is Computta a Scam?
The short answer is…NO! Is it worth you doing?… Maybe, it depends on your circumstances.
For the creation of the program, a super simple way to start mining, an easy way to track your profits and the added bonuses from referrals, AND* its ability to swap digital currencies to maximise profits; Computta takes 25% of the total profits and charge you no other fees (this includes no transaction fees too). Now those of you out there who run your own mining rigs may see this as too steep a fee, but I put it to you that this program could still make sense for experts:
Computta is great for those with no technical expertise who want to start mining cryptocurrency immediately. It is also great for experts who want to setup mining on friends and families PCs and not have them bothered by complicated program setups or poor PC performance.
The Cost to You
You do need to be aware of your computers power costs before assuming that all those BTC are pure profit. This is easier than it sounds as long as you have a power bill at hand. Let me tell you how I worked out my expenses. So I have a GTX 1080 and GTX 1060 running Computta at the moment. I Googled each graphics card to find out their maximum power usage, which is 180W and 100W respectively. My 6700K has a max usage of 91W, so let’s say I’m running it at 50%.
If I run them 24/7 that’s:
- 180+100+45.5 = 325.5W (0.3255 KWHs) x 24 = 7.8122 KW used per day.
- My usage rate is around 21c AUD per KW
- 7.8122 x 0.21 = $1.64 extra on my power bill per day.
- Benchmarks stated around $3.23 USD, so roughly AUD $4.28
- Profit before affiliate bonus = $2.64 per day = $18.48 per week = $960.6 per year AFTER POWER COSTS!!!
- That’s enough to buy a new high-end GPU or top of the mine monitor every year!!!
- That’s car rego and 5 slabs in Aussie lingo!!!
The Affiliate Program